Under this Policy, the words “Bank”, “we”, “our” or “us” refer to Vattanac Bank. The words “you”, “your”, or “yours” refer to a user or customer using Vattanac Mobile Banking. The word “Account” refers to your bank account opened and held at Vattanac Bank. The word “Card” refers to your card issued by Vattanac Bank.
We may collect your information for various purposes including the following:
- Administrative and operational purposes including but are not limited to communicating to you about our product and/or service; providing you with product and/or service; sending you information and marketing materials about product and/or service. The collection of your information is also for the purpose of system development, maintenance, support and testing; credit assessment; risk management and control; training of our members or staff; and other operational and business purposes; and
- Legal purpose including but is not limited to protecting and enforcing the rights of the Bank; resolving any dispute/claim/demand; preventing and/or investigating illegal action, unauthorized transaction or access to account or card, fraud or crime that may occur or has been committed, suspected or alleged. The collection of your information is also for the purpose of complying with requirements and orders of the National Bank of Cambodia, courts and governmental authorities and complying with national and international applicable laws and regulations.
You are supposed to provide sufficient relevant information requested by the Bank, failing which we may not be able to provide you with a product/service on Vattanac Mobile Banking.
Subject to the Bank’s general guidelines on confidentiality toward our customers and with applicable laws, you agree that Vattanac Bank may use and disclose your information to:
- National Bank of Cambodia, regulators, law enforcement bodies, courts, governmental authorities, and credit reporting company or agency;
- Your legal representative, authorized agents, and/or administrator;
- Any subsidiary, affiliate, branch and office of the Bank;
- Other banks and financial institutions as well as other parties as necessary in order for us to provide you our service and/or product;
- Any person (either natural or legal person) to which we are of the view that it is necessary or essential to disclose your information in order for us to provide service and/or product, to perform our duties and exercise our powers/rights under the Terms and Conditions of Vattanac Mobile Banking or any other terms and conditions of services provided by the Bank.
We may record and maintain any information you have provided, modified and/or deleted on Vattanac Mobile Banking.
In the event that you remove/uninstall from your phone or discontinue using Vattanac Mobile Banking, we still may retain some of your information to comply with our internal policies/guidelines and relevant laws governing data retention and management.
Vattanac Bank strives to ensure the protection of your information. To secure your information, we adopt physical and electronic measures, i.e. the encrypted user PIN and two-step verification and two-factor authentication on PIN where possible. All connections with Vattanac Mobile Banking follow industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS).
Having said that, we do not fully guarantee that your data cannot be accessed, disclosed, altered or deleted under various circumstances including but not limited to hardware or software failure or unauthorized use. You acknowledge and agree that you provide information to us at your own risk.
We may, from time to time revise or update the Policy to comply with applicable laws and/or conform to changes in our internal policies or business. When you access toVattanac Mobile Banking after an amendment to the Policy, you are deemed to have accepted the revised or amended terms and conditions.
The Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of Cambodia. Any dispute arising from or in connection with the Policy shall be submitted to the competent court(s) of Cambodia.
The Policy is written in Khmer and English and may be translated into other languages. Its Khmer version shall prevail over the English version and other translation versions in the event of any inconsistency or contradiction.